FLEXIELD Material (Ferrite) for NFC/RFID application 13.56 Mhz HF
TDK-EPC, a group company of the TDK Corporation, presents the FLEXIELD series which have various high permeability capability µ’ and low loss µ” for RFID and NFC application in order to improve communication distance between reader and writer and meet certification requirement for several type of applications like Tags, Stickers, Mobile Phone, Payment terminal, readers when loop antenna are closed to metal case.
The metal inside the solution is generating perturbation and as a consequence the data & distance communication is impacted and reduced. When the magnetic field is coming across metal, the field induces electric currents (Eddy Current/ Courant de Foucault). The Eddy current in red color (Fig: 2) induces his own magnetic field which is generating an opposite current in the coil therefore distance communication is reduced.
By putting a FLEXIELD (Soft Ferrite Sheet), it significantly improves distance communication with two effects, blocking eddy current creation (High Permeability µ’) and providing a better flux conduction (µ” loss) along the solution in order to enhance antenna sensitivity as it is demonstrated here after on the cross sectional view.
Cross Sectional view of magnetic field near R/W.
High Permeability µ’ and Low Loss µ”
- 1st example for FLEXIELD IFL04
*@ 13.56 Mhz —> µ’ = 45 and µ”= ~0
- 2nd example for FLEXIELD IFL10
*@ 13,56 Mhz —> µ’ = 110 and µ”= 32
- Complementary information like data sheet, application example are available here for all types of TDK EPC FLEXIELD
We can support FLEXIELD delivery with different kind of packaging:
- By Rolls (100 & 50 Meters/ 200 mm) depending of FLEXIELD type and thickness ( < 200µm)
- By Sheets (300x200 for Polymeric or 100x100 for Ferrite Plate)
- By Patch which are customized depending on customer requirement (Circular, Rectangular, complex sandwich, with Antenna).
Please click here for more details.
Adhesives, PET film , Aluminum and Others
- Some specific adhesives can be considered like permanent adhesives, re-movable adhesives having different thickness (10µm, 30µm, etc...). Some permanent or removable PET can be as well considered therefore different type of structure can be realized by stacking FLEXIELD, PET and Adhesives. We have also the possibility to integrate Aluminum sheet in order to get better performances. ( Ex : Structure IFL04P)
Telecommunication AreaStickers for Mobile Phone (Payment, fidelity, etc.), Mobile Phone, Tags, etc.
Computer AreaNFC/RFID Readers for Laptop, etc.
Identification and Payment AreaElectronic Passport, Smart Badge holder, Payment Terminal, etc.
AutomotiveTags for identification, communication, others Accessories, etc.
Main features and benefits
- High permeability µ’ and low loss µ”.
- Low Thickness with high efficiency.
- Conformity to ROHS directive.
- Halogen Free for some.